Processing deer at the Edgewood Locker is not a sideline
Deer processing is an integral part of our business and was the driving force behind the construction of our new facility in 1997. With over 50 homemade deer products to offer, we are confident you will be 100% satisfied. Whether you bring your deer in field-dressed, quartered, or boned-out, we will process your deer in the most efficient and wholesome manner possible.
During the 2018-19 deer season, we processed 3,962 whole deer carcasses. In addition, our customers brought in over 180,000 lbs of boneless deer to be made into our award winning sausage. That is over 485,000 lbs of homemade deer products!
FYI: Shotgun season whole deer carcasses will be processed before boneless deer that is brought in. We will do our best to process the meat in the order it’s received.
Deer processing prices & products offered
Click the link below to print the deer prices & product sheet and make your selections before you hunt to expedite the process when you drop off your deer.
April 1st through September 15th, when we are not processing as much deer, please keep in mind that we do not offer all of the options in the below list. Call us with questions on what is or isn't available.
We will not accept any Deer without a Deposit!
- A $50.00 deposit is required per deer.
- A deposit of $1.00/lb is required for trimmings, quarters, etc.
NOTE: We accept the EBT Card for processing.
Preparing deer for processing
- We reserve the right to refuse any trim not properly handled. Treating your deer with care will yield a high quality product.
- When bringing in trim for sausage no fat, hair, or bloody pieces are acceptable.
- We strongly discourage trim brought in that is pre-ground.
- Pork trim must be purchased from or processed by the Edgewood Locker.
- All processed deer must be picked up and paid for in full within ten days after you are notified that it is ready. Deer not picked up will be subject to a storage fee.
- When your order is completed we will notify you by text message, phone call, or email. It is extremely important that you give us your correct phone number, address, and email address when the deer is dropped off.
- We prefer you bring in your whole carcass deer to us hide on…it does not save you any money by skinning it yourself. In fact, it costs more!
- Once the new deer seasons open in mid-September, we will no longer accept boneless deer from any previous seasons. Per Iowa code 481A.57, it is unlawful to possess deer trim for any time longer than this. To view the code, click here.
- We WILL NOT accept deer that is in garbage bags, as they are not intended for food use. You may put your deer trim in food grade containers. If you need some, we have food grade bags for sale, that can be used instead.