Processing deer at the Edgewood Locker is not a sideline
Deer processing is an integral part of our business and was the driving force behind the construction of our new facility in 1997. With over 50 homemade deer products to offer, we are confident you will be 100% satisfied. Whether you bring your deer in field-dressed or boned-out, we will process your deer in the most efficient and wholesome manner possible.
During the 2021-22 deer season, we processed 3,717 whole deer carcasses. In addition, our customers brought in over 182,000 lbs of boneless deer to be made into our award winning sausage. That is over 485,000 lbs of homemade deer products!
Deer processing prices & products offered
Click the link below to print the deer prices & product sheet and make your selections before you hunt to expedite the process when you drop off your deer.
In March and April, when we are not processing as much deer, please keep in mind that we do not offer all of the options in the below list. Call us with questions on what is or isn't available.
We will not accept any Deer without a Deposit!
- A $125.00 deposit is required per deer.
- A deposit of $2.00/lb is required for clean, boneless trimmings.
- Quartered or other bone-in wild game will not be accepted.
- We no longer accept deer for the HUSH program.
NOTE: We accept EBT Cards for processing.
Preparing deer for processing
Please download the following Brochure for full delivery & care guidelines for your deer/trim.
- We reserve the right to refuse any trim not properly handled. Treating your deer with care will yield a high quality product.
- When bringing in trim for sausage no fat, hair, or bloody pieces are acceptable.
- We no longer accept wild game that is bone-in. It must either be a whole carcass or clean, boneless trimmings.
- We strongly discourage trim brought in that is pre-ground.
- Pork trim must be purchased from or processed by the Edgewood Locker.
- All processed deer must be picked up and paid for in full within ten days after you are notified that it is ready. Deer not picked up will be subject to a storage fee.
- When your order is completed we will notify you by text message, phone call, or email. It is extremely important that you give us your correct phone number, address, and email address when the deer is dropped off.
- We prefer you bring in your whole carcass deer to us hide on…it does not save you any money by skinning it yourself. In fact, it costs more!
- Every year, after April 30th, we will no longer accept deer meat from any previous seasons.
- We WILL NOT accept deer that is in garbage bags, as they are not intended for food use. You may put your deer trim in food grade containers. If you need some, we have food grade bags to purchase in the retail store.